Bernard Liengme

Hi Wendy,
This worked for me with text typed into C1 and D11
=INDIRECT(C11) INDIRECT(D11)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Wendy" wrote in message
I've used a formula (= Possible Major) which uses range names to return
the
intersect of two named ranges, where Possible is one named range and Major
is
another.

This works fine if I type the formula in directly but I want to return the
value from the cell references instead i.e. I have two drop downs for data
validation so the user can select Possible in column C and Major in column
D.
I am therefore trying to use =C11 D11 which I hoped would be 'translated'
=Possible Major and therefore give me the correct answer as if typed in
manually.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do this.
Thanks.