HARSH BAHAL

Default nesting more than 15 if functions in a formula

The formula I want to set requires 15 " IF " qualifiers. How to set set such
a formula ?
Ron Coderre

If you let us know what you're actually trying to do (with some data
examples), I'm sure you'll get a solution you can work with.

Ron

PC

Look at the reply's to your last inquiry.

"HARSH BAHAL" <HARSH wrote in message
The formula I want to set requires 15 " IF " qualifiers. How to set set

such
a formula ?

Ragdyer

In such cases it's usually best to create a datalist and incorporate one of
the lookup functions into your formula.

Post back with the details and I'm sure you'll receive suggestions.

RD

"HARSH BAHAL" <HARSH wrote in message
The formula I want to set requires 15 " IF " qualifiers. How to set set

such
a formula ?

Mike Fogleman

7 nested If's is the max, however if you create a formula with 7 If's and
name that formula something like "IF1", then create another 7 IF formula and
name it "IF2", you now have 2 7IF formulas you can put into another IF
formula such as IF(IF1,IF2,0). Excel now considers each named formula to be
only 1 argument.

Mike F
"Ragdyer" wrote in message
In such cases it's usually best to create a datalist and incorporate one
of
the lookup functions into your formula.

Post back with the details and I'm sure you'll receive suggestions.

RD

"HARSH BAHAL" <HARSH wrote in message
The formula I want to set requires 15 " IF " qualifiers. How to set set

such
a formula ?

PC

Interesting workaround. Practically speaking 15 nested functions would be
extremely difficult to follow and manage. A VLOOKUP would be more easily
managed and understood.

PC

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
In such cases it's usually best to create a datalist and incorporate one
of
the lookup functions into your formula.

Post back with the details and I'm sure you'll receive suggestions.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"HARSH BAHAL" <HARSH wrote in message
The formula I want to set requires 15 " IF " qualifiers. How to set set

such
a formula ?

HARSH BAHAL

JAN FEB, MARCH, ...upto DEC ARE THE COLUMN MONTHS WITH SALE TARGETS; Another
set of months coloumns (JAN,FEB , MARCH ... upto DEC) are the achievemnts. I
want to link month-wise ach (CELL IN " ENTER MONTH") and want to see
cumulative month-wise the status, progression etc. The achievement coloumn
will be filled in every month and the cumulative status vs targets seen just
by entering the month.
CUMULATIVE ACHIEVEMNETS vs CUMULATIVE TARGETS ENTER MONTH FEB
TARGETS ACHEVEMENTS CUMULATIVE
JAN FEB MARCH DEC TOTAL TARGET JAN FEB MARCH DEC TOTAL TARGET ACHIEVEMNT
+ / - %
10 10 10 10 120 5 5 5 15 20 10 -50

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If you let us know what you're actually trying to do (with some data
examples), I'm sure you'll get a solution you can work with.

Ron

Dr.H.Subramanian

Dear Harsh Bahal,
I have nested more than 100 IFs. Kindly send your e-mail address. I shall
reply you with examlpe. My e-mail is .