mdeanda

Default Match two lists and return a value

I have a worksheet with 12000 lines of employee data. At the end of the work
sheet I appended 200 names in the name column. I need a formula that will
match the 200 names with the previous 12000 lines an returen a 1 in the
corresponding/matching row in the A column
mdeanda

"mdeanda" wrote:

I have a worksheet with 12000 lines of employee data. At the end of the work
sheet I appended 200 names in the name column. I need a formula that will
match the 200 names with the previous 12000 lines an returen a 1 in the
corresponding/matching row in the A column

Why won't the following IF statement work?
IF(B2=(B12347:B12565),1," ")

Biff

Hi!

Try this: