Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to get range names to Apply across multiple tabs

(Excel 2007, XP)

I have been building a financial modeling spreadsheet w/ a few tabs.
As it has gotten more complicated, I've decided to have some
assumptions held in single cells get names to simplify formulas. Now
I want to apply those named cells' names across multiple tabs where
the cells are already referenced in formulas. (The names are global
to the workbook not the worksheet and defined w/ absolute cell
references.) This is a very basic / common use case for named ranges
-- assumptions on 1 tab, real modeling on another, new names need to
get applied after the fact.

But it looks like the "Apply Names" command only works on the tab
containing the named ranges. I even tried moving (temporarily) those
named cells to the sheet where I wanted to apply the names (or vice
versa) and no dice. Error is "Microsoft cannot find any references to
replace".

Thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,

do you have referenced the name like that ? (without sheet name)

=!$A$1:$A$2

--
isabelle