Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chg chg is offline

Default Indirectly us a Named Range

Hey..

I got the name of several named ranges in colum B.
I want to calculate the =Min() of those named ranges in Col C.

I thought of

=MIN(TEXT(B4;0)) or
=MIN(indirect(TEXT("'"&B4&"'";0)))

but that doesn't seem to work. Any input is very much appreciated.

Thy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hallo Chris,

Am Thu, 21 Apr 2011 02:24:58 -0700 (PDT) schrieb chg:

I got the name of several named ranges in colum B.
I want to calculate the =Min() of those named ranges in Col C.

I thought of

=MIN(TEXT(B4;0)) or
=MIN(indirect(TEXT("'"&B4&"'";0)))

=MIN(INDIRECT(B4))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chg chg is offline

On Apr 21, 1:00*pm, Claus Busch wrote:
Hallo Chris,

Am Thu, 21 Apr 2011 02:24:58 -0700 (PDT) schrieb chg:

I got the name of several named ranges in colum B.
I want to calculate the =Min() of those named ranges in Col C.

I thought of

=MIN(TEXT(B4;0)) or
=MIN(indirect(TEXT("'"&B4&"'";0)))

=MIN(INDIRECT(B4))

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

=MIN(INDIRECT(B4)) returns an #REF Error
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chris,

Am Thu, 21 Apr 2011 05:31:00 -0700 (PDT) schrieb chg:

=MIN(INDIRECT(B4)) returns an #REF Error

then you have a typo in the name in column B.
Have a look:
http://www.claus-busch.de/Excel/Name.xls
The named ranges are in A, the names in B and the MIN() in C

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,

the named ranges must be in the same workbook that the INDIRECT formula

--
isabelle