Sumac

Default e-mail address formatting

I import data as a delimited file. One column is e-mail address. We would
like to have it in Excel as mail hyperlink. You seem to be able to do that
by adding one space after each address, but we have hundreds. Can I do that
for all addresses at the same time?
Matt D Francis

Are you usng Excel XP? I thought it recognised e-mail address's and created
the hyperlink automatically?

to add a space, I'd add another column ad concatenate a space on the end=

(if you're e-mail address's are in col D)

=D1&" "

and use that.

Matt

"Sumac" wrote:

I import data as a delimited file. One column is e-mail address. We would
like to have it in Excel as mail hyperlink. You seem to be able to do that
by adding one space after each address, but we have hundreds. Can I do that
for all addresses at the same time?

Ron de Bruin

Hi Sumac

Try this macro for column A

Sub test()
For Each myCell In Columns("A").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstant s)
If myCell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=myCell, _
Address:="mailto:" & myCell.Value, TextToDisplay:=myCell.Value
End If
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Sumac" wrote in message ...
I import data as a delimited file. One column is e-mail address. We would
like to have it in Excel as mail hyperlink. You seem to be able to do that
by adding one space after each address, but we have hundreds. Can I do that
for all addresses at the same time?

Sumac

Thanks for that idea Matt. I'd already tried to concatenate, but it didn't
work. After I sent the message, I figured out one way to do it, though. I
added a space manually to the A! entry, which caused it to become
hyperlinked. Then I used the format painter to format the remaining ones.

Thanks so much for your help.