Junior Member

Default Rosters/Sorting

Our company puts out a excel sheet with nearly 1000 names every week. Is there any way i can extact/view only the 35 names i care about without searching, copying, pasting??

Please help!
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt255 View Post
Our company puts out a excel sheet with nearly 1000 names every week. Is there any way i can extact/view only the 35 names i care about without searching, copying, pasting??

Please help!

Dear Alt255, Good Morning.

Please, explain better with more details your necessity.

"...Is there any way i can extact/view only the 35 names i care about without searching, copying, pasting??..."
It´s sounds strange. Non sense.

To easier the answer, you can save the worksheet at a free site, www.4shared.com, and put the link here.

I believe that I can help you.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Company puts out a training roster every week.

It has 800-4000 names on it.

I only care about the information for the people in my direct section.

Easiest way for me to remove the people i dont care about and only keep the 35 names and infomation i do need.

Like if names = (MYLIST) display them, if not then hide/remove them

Last edited by Alt255 : February 16th 11 at 04:03 PM
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt255 View Post
Company puts out a training roster every week.

It has 800-4000 names on it.

I only care about the information for the people in my direct section.

Easiest way for me to remove the people i dont care about and only keep the 35 names and infomation i do need.

Like if names = (MYLIST) display them, if not then hide/remove them

Dear Alt255, Good Afternoon.

Without seeing the worksheet is difficult to suggest any effective thing but if you have one common field you can use the Auto- Filter.

"...I only care about the information for the people in my direct section..."
If these people have a department code or your name at any column of data as boss or other thing like this use Atuo-Filter.

Is it possible?
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Im really confused why this is so hard to answer, instead of trying to find a work-around.

Example (cause computer is blocked by websense to give a real example)

LastName FirstName IstrainingComplete

Bob Joe No
Dontcare Mike Yes
Dontcare Billy No
Janet Richards Yes
x4000....

Now, is there a way (via lists/filters/what ever) to remove the extra names, and only leave the people i care about (in this example Bob and Janet)

And no, there is no way to sort them by section or anything simple like that