Junior Member

Default Create HTML code for a hyperlink from cell contents

I would like to create the HTML code for a hyperlink in a cell from the text contents of two other cells. I'm sure you know the HTML but here goes:

HTML Code...

...would produce a hyperlink to Google

If the URL (http://www.google.com) is in cell A1
and the name (Google) is in cell A2
I want to populate cell A3 with the EXACT text

where the contents of A1 and A2 are displayed:

I hope that makes sense, can you help me?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_McSkintos View Post
I would like to create the HTML code for a hyperlink in a cell from the text contents of two other cells. I'm sure you know the HTML but here goes:

HTML Code...

...would produce a hyperlink to Google

If the URL (http://www.google.com) is in cell A1
and the name (Google) is in cell A2
I want to populate cell A3 with the EXACT text

where the contents of A1 and A2 are displayed:

I hope that makes sense, can you help me?
I'm sure there is an easier way but I created 3 more columns:

A4: <a href="
A5: "
A6: </a

In A3 I then used =CONCATENATE(A4,A1,A5,A2,A6)