Junior Member

Default Degrees, Minutes, Seconds

I am doing some addition/subtraction with degrees, minutes and seconds. The easiest way I have found to do this is to use the custom [h]:mm:ss cell format.

For example I have 360:00:00 (360 degrees 0 minutes 0 seconds).

I am currently trying to 'text to column' this number so I can deal with my degrees, minutes and seconds separatly. Unfortunalty because Excel believes 360:00:00 to be 360 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds or 15 days 0 minutes 0 seconds. It doesn't produce the output I want.

Is there a way to change 360:00:00 from a time format to a text format. I have tried just changing the formating of the cell but all i get out is 15.
Or alternatly is there a better way to deal with degrees, minutes and seconds?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Huw