Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
C. Hollinger

Default calculate from degrees to degrees/minutes/seconds on excel?

I am a geomatics student and while using Microsoft Excel I find that there is
no method to automatically change from degrees to degrees/minutes/seconds.
If there is an add-in could you please tell me where it is?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege

You could use this, if decimal degrees are in A1
=A1*.0416666666667
then format cell/custom [H]° mm"m" ss "s"
The degree symbol is Alt-248

Keep in mind that Excel performs Trig functions on Radians, so conversion is
necessary

Beege