Junior Member

Question How to establish as assumption

I want to set up an assumption that Threshold =10% so that I can just use the name "threshold" in an IF formula.

How do I do this??

Thank you anyone for your help!
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonar View Post
I want to set up an assumption that Threshold =10% so that I can just use the name "threshold" in an IF formula.

How do I do this??

Thank you anyone for your help!
Dear Vonar, Good Morning.

To do this you must to NAME a cell and call it THRESHOLD.

1) Select the cell that will contain a threshold value. eg: A1
2) Type 10%
3) With this cell selected go to MENU -- INSERT -- NAME -- DEFINE
4) Type Thresold on the name field
....Now you can see below that appears on "Refers to": =Plan1!$A$1
5) Click OK

Now you have a named cell called THRESHOLD

You can use it in a IF statement.
eg.:
a) =IF(H410,H4*threshold,H4)
....Suppose you have this formula on D4.
....Suppose H4 = 20
......Then D4 has (H4*threshold -- 20*threshold -- 20*10% -- 2)
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post