Junior Member

Lightbulb Finding duplicate data in two very different spreadsheet

I have two very large spreadsheets with very different data fields. One of the spreadsheets is nearly 100,000 rows deep. The other is significantly smaller, but still massive. Both spreadsheets contain names of individuals and information about those individuals. I want to figure out how I can quickly and easily cross reference the two spreadsheets so I can identify all of the names that appear in both spreadsheets, and then compare the information associated with that person from both spreadsheets.

I'm an investigative reporter and I need to figure out how to do this in order to move my investigation along. I don't want to get into any details on a public forum, but if anyone needs more information in order to help me figure out how to do this, I'd be happy to discuss it with you off-list.

Thanks for your help. I'll post the results of my investigation on this list if ya'll are interested.
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsadams View Post
[...]

i would recommend you please sort the data on both sheets based on names, then use vlookup to fetch necessary data into other spreadsheet to compare the data difference.

can you send me the sample data with column names. Send me with same order as per in both spread sheets

example:

sheet1 (very bulk) 100000 records
column names as below mentioned order
Name, age, mobile, address, email id, gender, SSID no etc

sheet2: number of records
Name, address, email id, age, gender, children, place of birth, Salary, Commission etc

what is the difference that you want to find with priority order?
example:
with names, difference in emails,
with names, difference in mobile number
with names, difference in address etc