Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Source and Destination

Hi, all,
I would like a formula to do the following;
SOURCE DESTINATION
101 102
102 C 105
102 108
104
105 S
106
107
108 S

The source column A numbers run consecutively from 101-216. I just want any
column B source cell that has a C or S to have its 3 digit number appear
in destination column A. What formula do I use?
Thanks,
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume source data running in A2 down,
and in B2 down you will mark it as: C, S, etc
In say, E2: =IF(OR(B2={"C","S"}),ROW(),"")
In F2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(E:E),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL(E:E,R OWS($1:1))))
Copy E2:F2 down to cover the max expected extent of source data, say to
F100. Hide/minimize col E. Col F returns the desired results, all neatly
packed at the top. voila? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore