Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text

How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could do this:

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

assuming the data is in A1. This will return a text value - if you
want a number then do this:

=--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 2, 9:05*am, Maureen wrote:
How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If that is a space the below will do. Also note all double spaces within the
text also will be trimmed to a single space.

=TRIM(A1)

Still you see a character after text; then probably it may not be a space.
Check that using the below formula..and replace the character using
SUBSTITUTE()
=CODE(RIGHT(A1,1))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

How do I delete a space at the end of an amount or text?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Remove Spaces

Following formula would be able to remove spaces from words in Excel,
=REPLACE(A1,LEN(A1),1,"")

Jacob Skaria wrote:

If that is a space the below will do.
02-Jun-10

If that is a space the below will do. Also note all double spaces within the
text also will be trimmed to a single space.

=TRIM(A1)

Still you see a character after text; then probably it may not be a space.
Check that using the below formula..and replace the character using
SUBSTITUTE()
=CODE(RIGHT(A1,1))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

Entity Framework 4.0 and the AJAX Autocomplete Extender.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rk-40-and.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure it will "remove spaces". That will only remove one space from
the end.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Maureen" wrote:

Entity Framework 4.0 and the AJAX Autocomplete Extender.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rk-40-and.aspx
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops..I notice now that the OP needs only 1 space to be removed which could
be achieved either using LEFT() or MID() or REPLACE()....

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)