Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I type in a number in a cell but it wont convert to currency help

I copied and pasted a worksheet from old version of excel into the new 2007
and when I type a number in a cell and try to convert it to currency
--_NOTHING happens....no matter what I do....it will not change to
currency????

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How are you converting it to currency? By formatting the cell?

If the cell is originally text, you need to change the format first, then
enter your data.

Regards,
Fred

"Out in VA" <Out in wrote in message
I copied and pasted a worksheet from old version of excel into the new 2007
and when I type a number in a cell and try to convert it to currency
--_NOTHING happens....no matter what I do....it will not change to
currency????

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Give us specifics. You type a number into a cell. What number? What cell?
Exactly what do you do to "convert it to currency"? Be specific. I click
here. I click there, etc, etc, etc. Otto