Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Separate Date from a Text String

The data that I have looks like this:
[10/24/10 11:45PM]

And I would like to just get the date like this:

10/24/10

Is there any way to do this in Excel with a formula?

Thanks!!

Sara
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
assuming your text string is in A2,try this formula,

=MID(A2,2,8)

regards
FSt1

"Sara" wrote:

The data that I have looks like this:
[10/24/10 11:45PM]

And I would like to just get the date like this:

10/24/10

Is there any way to do this in Excel with a formula?

Thanks!!

Sara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way...

A1 = [10/24/10 11:45PM]

=--REPLACE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)),1,1,"")

Format as Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP