Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting the pivot table field list

How do I sort the pivot table field list?

It looks like the soft order is always the order of the data source.

The related radio-buttons in the pivot-table-options are greyed. ("A to Z"
and "sort by data source"). I need the "A" to "Z" order to realize
translations.

Pleas notice! I do not need to sort the pivot data!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Move the Page field to the Row area temporarily
Perform the Sort that you want
Move the field back to the page area
--
Regards
Roger Govier

diewue wrote:
How do I sort the pivot table field list?

It looks like the soft order is always the order of the data source.

The related radio-buttons in the pivot-table-options are greyed. ("A to Z"
and "sort by data source"). I need the "A" to "Z" order to realize
translations.

Pleas notice! I do not need to sort the pivot data!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
i didn't write that i use Pivo in combination with Analysis Servcie.

The pivot table field list contains:
- one measure-node
- one dimension node for each cube-dimension.

The cube-dimension-nodes are represented by their translated names.
It looks like, the dimension nodes are sorted not by this translated names,
but by the order of the data source.

How do I get the dimensions names sorted by the translated names?

Regards
Dieter Würz

diewue wrote:
How do I sort the pivot table field list?

It looks like the soft order is always the order of the data source.

The related radio-buttons in the pivot-table-options are greyed. ("A to Z"
and "sort by data source"). I need the "A" to "Z" order to realize
translations.

Pleas notice! I do not need to sort the pivot data!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I'm sorry Dieter, I have never used Analysis Services, and have only
limited experience with Cube data.
I am therefore unable to answer your question.
I would suggest that you post again in a new thread, with a title
something like

"Sorting Cube dimension names in a Pivot Table"
and see if anyone else can step in to help you.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

diewue wrote:
How do I sort the pivot table field list?

It looks like the soft order is always the order of the data source.

The related radio-buttons in the pivot-table-options are greyed. ("A to Z"
and "sort by data source"). I need the "A" to "Z" order to realize
translations.

Pleas notice! I do not need to sort the pivot data!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Roger,
thank you.