Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto fill Cells with text

I am creating a Game scoresheet and would like to know if I can use a drop
down menu in one cell and automatically fill the below cells with players of
the drop down selected team.

example

cell 1 TEAM1 TEAM2 <--these are
drop down menus

cell 2 PLayer1 PLayer5
cell 3 Player 2 Player6
cell 4 Player3 Player7
cell 5 Player 4 Player8
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you have a table somewhere (lets say in A1:B5), with column
headings corresponding to teams, and the players listed below for that team:

Formula for first player on team:
=OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A1),MATCH(Dropdown_cell,$A$1:$B$ 1,0)-1)

Copy down as needed. Note that you need to provide the reference for your
dropdown cell.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Robzz" wrote in message
I am creating a Game scoresheet and would like to know if I can use a drop
down menu in one cell and automatically fill the below cells with players
of
the drop down selected team.

example

cell 1 TEAM1 TEAM2 <--these are
drop down menus

cell 2 PLayer1 PLayer5
cell 3 Player 2 Player6
cell 4 Player3 Player7
cell 5 Player 4 Player8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your team data is stored in a sheet called Teams like this

A B C D E
Team 1 Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
Team 2 Player 5 Player 6 Player 7 Player 8

On you game sheet use a VLOOKUP

A B C
R1 Team 1 Team 2
R2 1
R3 2
R4 3
R5 4

In B2 use =VLOOKUP(B$1,Teams!$A$1:$E$2,$A2+1,False)
Copy to the other cells

The A2+1 sets the column number (Column 2 is the first player, Column 1 is
the Team)

--

If this helps, please remember to click yes.