Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate (Auto Fill) cells with numbers and text.

I have a worksheet that I want to use text and numbers in the same cell, and
have
the column auto fill down when I enter the first number & text in the first
cell.
example.
cell A1 I would enter 28XL0001
Cell A2 should auto fill in 28XL0002
Cell A3 should auto fill in 28XL0003.

How can I get excel to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Apply a Custom format to the range of

"28XL"0000000

1 in A1
2 in A2
select both cells and drag down as required

Enter

"Bobby Atkinson" wrote:

I have a worksheet that I want to use text and numbers in the same cell, and
have
the column auto fill down when I enter the first number & text in the first
cell.
example.
cell A1 I would enter 28XL0001
Cell A2 should auto fill in 28XL0002
Cell A3 should auto fill in 28XL0003.

How can I get excel to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can drag the cell and the number adds 1 each time. That is good but I am
trying to only fill in cell A1 with something like 2XL001 and I want the
other cells A2, A3, A4 etc to auto fill with 2XL002, 2XL003, 2XL004 etc. The
reason behind this, is that more than one person will be using the
spreadsheet (thru out the day) to enter the (thier) serial numbers. If I can
have the users to only put in the first number and the rest auto fill in;
there will be less mistake in entering and printing the serial numbers.

Do you know of a way to do this??