Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking data from one worksheet to another...

I have two worksheets in different workbooks, one as a master list, and the
other as a sub list, with candidates names and information (I'm in Human
Resources). I'd like to link them so that whatever changes I make to one
worksheet, is automatically updated in the other. Is this possible? If so,
how can it be done? Would I need to put both worksheets in the same workbook
for this to work? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

EXCEL 2007

Yes, this is possible.

Please check out:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 47 (called 2 Linked Workbooks).

Pull both Workbooks up on your screen.

If you change any of the cells A6:E7 in avinity1 you will see linked cells
being updated in avinity2 (cells C17:G18).

Just look at the formulas in avnity2 to see how it's done.

Both Worksheets do not have to be in the same Workbook (as you should be
able to see from the above).

"hrquestions" wrote:

I have two worksheets in different workbooks, one as a master list, and the
other as a sub list, with candidates names and information (I'm in Human
Resources).

I'd like to link them so that whatever changes I make to one
worksheet, is automatically updated in the other.

Is this possible? If so,
how can it be done?

Would I need to put both worksheets in the same workbook
for this to work? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

No you need not put both worksheets in the same workbook. You may simple
link data by establishing a cell link I.e. = and then select the desired
cell on another file. Before copying and pasting, remove the $ sign

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com