Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking worksheet data

I am using Excel 2000. I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. All of the
worksheets have the same column and row headers. The data is 100 different
pricing situations. I want to make another worksheet that will be able to
gather the data from a cell of one of 100 worksheets by specifing ( on the
new worksheet) the row, column and worksheet. Can Excel look at three cells
to determine the date needed for the fourth?

I do not even know if Excel is the program I should use.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You say you want to gather data from "a cell" then you talk about looking at
3 cells to get the data needed for the fourth.
Excel can look at many cells to calculate the result for another cell. If
the new worksheet is sheet101 and the data you want
is on sheet1 in cell A1 then you could put in a cell on sheet101 the
formula: =Sheet1!A1. If your sheet name has spaces in it,
you must enclose the name in single quotes as in: 'Sheet1'. The best way to
enter your formula in A1 on sheet101 is to type
an = sign, then select sheet1, then select cell A1 and press enter. Excel
will complete the formula for you.
If this does not answer your needs, give us an example of what you want.

Tyro

"jra1031" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000. I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. All of the
worksheets have the same column and row headers. The data is 100 different
pricing situations. I want to make another worksheet that will be able to
gather the data from a cell of one of 100 worksheets by specifing ( on the
new worksheet) the row, column and worksheet. Can Excel look at three
cells
to determine the date needed for the fourth?

I do not even know if Excel is the program I should use.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have Pipe Types in column "A" starting in "A2". I have Pipe Sizes in row
"1" starting in "B1". The pricing table starts in "B2". I am trying to
automate our quoting system. I was hoping to create "Sheet 101" for the quote
sheet or use the bottom of all the 100 sheets I allready have. On the quote
sheet we put the Pipe Size in one cell and Pipe Type in the cell to its right
we are quoting and then the price in the next cell to the right. Is there a
way to put in the Pipe Size in one cell, Pipe Type in another cell, and the
Block Sheet Number [1-100] in a third cell and have excell go to that Sheet
and grab the price under the Size and beside the Type?

"jra1031" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000. I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. All of the
worksheets have the same column and row headers. The data is 100 different
pricing situations. I want to make another worksheet that will be able to
gather the data from a cell of one of 100 worksheets by specifing ( on the
new worksheet) the row, column and worksheet. Can Excel look at three
cells
to determine the date needed for the fourth?

I do not even know if Excel is the program I should use.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
See link below if it's something like that you can use ( Sample Invoice )
http://savefile.com/files/1413506

Regards
Cimjet

"jra1031" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000. I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. All of the
worksheets have the same column and row headers. The data is 100
different
pricing situations. I want to make another worksheet that will be able
gather the data from a cell of one of 100 worksheets by specifing ( on
the
new worksheet) the row, column and worksheet. Can Excel look at three
cells
to determine the date needed for the fourth?

I do not even know if Excel is the program I should use.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Again
Forgot to mention to click on Item row and a bottom will appear, by
selecting the part it fills the product and price, the Database is on the
second sheet
Post back
Regards
Cimjet