Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Linking worksheet data

You say you want to gather data from "a cell" then you talk about looking at
3 cells to get the data needed for the fourth.
Excel can look at many cells to calculate the result for another cell. If
the new worksheet is sheet101 and the data you want
is on sheet1 in cell A1 then you could put in a cell on sheet101 the
formula: =Sheet1!A1. If your sheet name has spaces in it,
you must enclose the name in single quotes as in: 'Sheet1'. The best way to
enter your formula in A1 on sheet101 is to type
an = sign, then select sheet1, then select cell A1 and press enter. Excel
will complete the formula for you.
If this does not answer your needs, give us an example of what you want.

Tyro

"jra1031" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000. I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. All of the
worksheets have the same column and row headers. The data is 100 different
pricing situations. I want to make another worksheet that will be able to
gather the data from a cell of one of 100 worksheets by specifing ( on the
new worksheet) the row, column and worksheet. Can Excel look at three
cells
to determine the date needed for the fourth?

I do not even know if Excel is the program I should use.

Please help.