Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mm mm is offline

Default counting occurences specific month appears

Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question...

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.
Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is
A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm
supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific
sheet.

Thanks so much,
MM

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Heaton[_2_] View Post
On May 4, 5:41*am, MM wrote:
Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. *Here's the question....

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.
Hi,

one alternative approach. using wild characters with countif function

If you want to count the occurence of MAY in sheet2,

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A1:AZ60000,"*May*")

similarly you can use, "??May*" etc.

Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

If you do not mind a macro:
http://sulprobil.com/html/sfreq.html

If you do:
http://sulprobil.com/html/countif.html

Regards,
Bernd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mm mm is offline

Thanks David. I was having errors trying to post my question yesterday. Lo
and behold, it posted 4 times and I did get replies to my question.
Thanks again.
MM

"David Heaton" wrote:

On May 4, 5:41 am, MM wrote:
Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question....

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.
Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is
A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm
supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific
sheet.

Thanks so much,
MM

I dont understand what the question is.