-   -   counting occurences specific month appears (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/262984-counting-occurences-specific-month-appears.html)

mm

counting occurences specific month appears

Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question...

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.
Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is
A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm
supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific
sheet.

Thanks so much,
MM

David Heaton[_2_]

On May 4, 5:41*am, MM wrote:
Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. *Here's the question....

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Heaton[_2_] (Post 950871)
On May 4, 5:41*am, MM wrote:
Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. *Here's the question....

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.

Hi,

one alternative approach. using wild characters with countif function

If you want to count the occurence of MAY in sheet2,

=COUNTIF(Sheet2!A1:AZ60000,"*May*")

similarly you can use, "??May*" etc.

Thanks
Bala

Bernd P

counting occurences specific month appears

Hello,

If you do not mind a macro:
http://sulprobil.com/html/sfreq.html

If you do:
http://sulprobil.com/html/countif.html

Regards,
Bernd

mm

counting occurences specific month appears

Thanks David. I was having errors trying to post my question yesterday. Lo
and behold, it posted 4 times and I did get replies to my question.
Thanks again.
MM

"David Heaton" wrote:

On May 4, 5:41 am, MM wrote:
Afternoon all,
You've helped out before and I come to you again. Here's the question....

5 worksheets in my workbook, each representing a different office.
Column A for each worksheet is the date in the following format: 03-May-10.
Let's say the first sheet is named Montreal Office, the search range is
A3:A5000, what formula am I supposed to use? I think from past posts, I'm
supposed to use =sumproduct but I don't know how to incorporate my specific
sheet.

Thanks so much,
MM

I dont understand what the question is.