Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default extracting data from one cell to another

I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=MID(A2,FIND("QN ",A2),14)

and copy down

--

HTH

Bob

"pat67" wrote in message
I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below...This might go wrong if you have multiple instances of the
text "QN "

With text in cell A1

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("QN ",A1)),MID(A1,FIND("QN ",A1),14),"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"pat67" wrote:

I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"pat67" wrote:
I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?

I do so that won't work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"pat67" wrote:
I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?

can't use left, the QN could be anywhere in the text
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 30, 10:42*am, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:
Try

=MID(A2,FIND("QN ",A2),14)

and copy down

--

HTH

Bob

"pat67" wrote in message

I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?- Hide quoted text -

I will try this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 30, 10:42*am, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:
Try

=MID(A2,FIND("QN ",A2),14)

and copy down

--

HTH

Bob

"pat67" wrote in message

I have a sheet that i downloaded from our erp system that has one
column with text. the text is long and descriptive. the only thing is
the same is that there is one piece that starts with QN then a blank
then 11 numbers like this. QN 40000152489. What i want to do is pull
that from the text cell to another cell. Is that possible?- Hide quoted text -

this works. almost always. It would all the time but i am dealing with
morons.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What are the morons doing?