Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LAR LAR is offline

Default add two cells from seperate work sheets into a cell on seperate wo

I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on
another work sheet.
And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a
cell on third work sheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
When you say add do you mean sum and different worksheets are different
files? if the answer is yes and let's assume that the worksheet names are A,
B and C and the information is in that sheets in the tab called Sheeet1 and
the information is to be summarize in worksheet C

=+[A]Sheet1!$A$1+[b]Sheet1!$A$2

"lar" wrote:

I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on
another work sheet.
And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a
cell on third work sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Within worksheets; just mention the sheet name and the cell referrnce as below

=Sheet1!C28+Sheet2!D25

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"lar" wrote:

I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on
another work sheet.
And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a
cell on third work sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does "add" mean to you?

"SUM" or "combine contents"?

To SUM =Sheet1!A1 + Sheet2!B3

To combine contents

=Sheet1A1 & Sheet2!B3

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 07:35:01 -0700, lar
wrote:

I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on
another work sheet.
And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a
cell on third work sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Eduardo

Maybe you should check out help on the difference between "Worksheet" and
"Workbook"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"lar" wrote:

I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on
another work sheet.
And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a
cell on third work sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default add two cells from seperate work sheets into a cell on seperat

Hi Gord,
I know the difference but I wasn't sure what he try to say, it happens to me
last year somebody giving the same description and was refering to different
workbooks, this is why I asked if he means different files

"lar" wrote:

I have two cells on one work sheet that I want to add together in a cell on
another work sheet.
And is it possible to add together two cells on seperate work sheets in a
cell on third work sheet

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But then you used the term "worksheet" names A, B and C with tab called
Sheet1

I guess you meant to say "workbook" names A, B and C

Gord