Rose_mina

Default how does excel read only odd numbered rows of data froma column?

I HAVE A COLUMN OF 500 NUMBERS, I NEED TO CHOOSE EVERY OTHER DATA IN THE
COLUMN, ex. : row #1, then row #3, row #5, row #7,....
in other words: i need to choose the odd/even numbered cell numbers.
Bernard Liengme

What do you want to do with the numbers (sum, average, ...)?

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Rose_mina" wrote in message
I HAVE A COLUMN OF 500 NUMBERS, I NEED TO CHOOSE EVERY OTHER DATA IN THE
COLUMN, ex. : row #1, then row #3, row #5, row #7,....
in other words: i need to choose the odd/even numbered cell numbers.

Max

Assuming the data is in col A, A1 down

Put
in B1: =IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:A1),2)=1,A1,"")
in C1: =IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:A1),2)=0,A1,"")

Select B1:C1 and copy down until the last row of data

Col B will return the data from col A which are in rows 1,3,5, ...
while col C will return those which are in rows 2,4,6,...
--
Rgds
Max