DLYNN

Default Why does my excel have numbered columns and rows

I use Microsoft Excel 2002 on Windows XP. The rows on the spreadsheet are
numbered and the columns (that are normally alphabet) are numbered also. Why
don't I have the traditional ABC columns and 123 rows? How can I fix this?
When I installed the software, it had ABC and 123; however, once I began
using the program, it became numbered. Thank you.
Gord Dibben

ToolsOptionsGeneral. Uncheck "R1C1 reference style".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP