Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with Date Function

I have tried, and I can't figure out if this is possible. I'm trying to have
dates autofill into a row of columns (C5 to V5 to be specific). I don't want
week-end days to be a part of the autofill, and I can't figure out the
formula. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Enter the first date in C5 which must be a weekday then put the formula
below in D5 and drag right

=C5+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(C5),0,1,1,1,1,3)

--
Mike

question.

"mdj0615" wrote:

I have tried, and I can't figure out if this is possible. I'm trying to have
dates autofill into a row of columns (C5 to V5 to be specific). I don't want
week-end days to be a part of the autofill, and I can't figure out the
formula. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In addition to Mike's suggestion, there is a WORKDAY() function that will
skip holidays that you list in a range and reference in the function.

If you have Excel 2007, you can use WORKDAY() directly. In earlier versions
(I think) you have to go to Tools-Add-ins and make sure the Analysis Toolpak
is checked.