Will Fleenor

Default Underline % format

How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom format do
it?
Will Fleenor

CLR

Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
highlight the cell(s) again and right-click FormatCells Font tab
select single accounting underline...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABgx3

"Will Fleenor"
w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom format

do
it?
Will Fleenor

Will Fleenor

Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for. I want the underline to go
almost completely across the cell just as it does with the accounting format
with numbers.
Will Fleenor
"CLR" wrote in message
Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
highlight the cell(s) again and right-click FormatCells Font tab
select single accounting underline...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABgx3

"Will Fleenor"
w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom format

do
it?
Will Fleenor

CLR

A couple of other options........The "single" selection gives a longer
underline than the "single accounting" is you desire, or to underline the
whole cell, you could just apply a bottom border........Right-click
FormatCells Border pick a lineweight and color and click the bottomborder
icon.......or just click the "Drawing" icon in the toolbar and draw a custom
line...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
highlight the cell(s) again and right-click FormatCells Font tab
select single accounting underline...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABgx3

"Will Fleenor"
w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom

format
do
it?
Will Fleenor

RagDyeR

Tried this on a new sheet ... don't know why it worked!

select A1:A10
<Format <Cells <Number tab,

Click "Accounting", Change "Symbol" to <None,

Click "Custom"
And in the "Type" window, add % signs after the last zero in each section,

Click <Font tab,
Choose "Single Acctg Underline"
Click <OK

Is that close to what you're looking for?
--

HTH,

RD

"CLR" wrote in message
Just format the cells with the "percent format" of your choice, then
highlight the cell(s) again and right-click FormatCells Font tab
select single accounting underline...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABgx3

"Will Fleenor"
w7yuuuuuuuuuuu][[[[[56tttttttttttttttttttt[[[[[[[[3222rote in message
How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom format

do
it?
Will Fleenor

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Fleenor View Post
How can I get cells that have the % format to have underlines that are
similar to what you get with the accounting format? Will a custom format do
it?
Will Fleenor
I'm working on a similar issue. The best custom format I have come up with so far is the following:

This does not work with the Accounting underlines but does with the regular Single and Double. The only other issue is that on positive percentages, it puts a small break in the underline between the number and the %.