Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring zeros?

-- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
that range using Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the numbers are *always* positive..

Array entered**:

..=MIN(IF(A1:A100,A1:A10))

Or, normally entered:

=SMALL(A1:A10,COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)+1)

If there might be negative numbers...

Array entered**:

=MIN(IF(A1:A10<0,A1:A10))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ted B." wrote in message

-- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
that range using Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
try this.....
=small(A1:A50,countif(A1:A50,0)+1)

regards
FSt1

"Ted B." wrote:

-- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
that range using Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

You could use a conditional MIN, something like this in say B2, array-entered
ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula (instead of just pressing
ENTER):
=MIN(IF(A2:A100,A2:A10))
Success? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Ted B." wrote:
-- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
that range using Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
forgot to mention.