Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Working Days of Week and DUE DATE for PAYMENT

Hi,

A class has 2 batches for students. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Tuesday,
Thursday, Saturday. Sunday a holiday.

Students can join in between months. One month is considered as 12 WORKING
SESSIONS.

Column A has joining date of students.

4/2/10
4/3/10

Counting from the starting date, i need a date 12 sessions from the starting
date in column B. 4/2/10 ( Friday ) is joining. So 12 sessions would be on
date 4/28/10. I need this in B2 next to A2.

Column H has list of other holidays for which extra sessions have to be
given. Suppose in the above example, H2 contains 26th of April, (MONDAY) as a
holiday, B2 should display 4/30/10 (add more sessions and give 4/30/10
instead of 4/28/10). If H3 contains 10th MAY, Nothing should change as 12
sessions already get over on 30th April.

Note that, B3 will still display 29th April, (12 sessions from 3rd April.
Not adding extra session here as 26th April is not TUE THURS or SAT )

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Chip Pearson's "better workday" function:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BetterWorkday.aspx

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 05:34:01 -0700, XKruodo
wrote:

I am ok with functions. But all this VBA and Macros are confusing. Let me see
if i can make this work. I knew doing this using normal functions would be
tough..or say not convenient..

Thanks for the help.

Good.

Let me know if you run into any problems.
--ron