Purfleet

Default Look up part of a date

I have a large spreadsheet (like the sample below) and i need to be able to
look in the date column and if date (day and month only) is present then look
up the Opponents

The table is as per below and the date column is unique (15 years worth of
dates) so we could have 10 games all played on the (example) 24th of August
but for different years.

Date Opponents Result Score(us) Score(them)

Please help!!!!
CLR

You could break out the date components into separate columns using........
=DAY(A1)
=TEXT(MONTH(A1),"mmm")
=YEAR(A1)
=TEXT(MONTH(A1),"mmm")&" "&DAY(A1)

Then do Data Filter AutoFilter, and then select your desired criteria
using the dropdown arrows at the top of each column. To return everything
to normal, just do Data Filter AutoFilter again.........it's a toggle.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Purfleet" wrote in message
I have a large spreadsheet (like the sample below) and i need to be able

look in the date column and if date (day and month only) is present then

look
up the Opponents

The table is as per below and the date column is unique (15 years worth of
dates) so we could have 10 games all played on the (example) 24th of

August
but for different years.

Date Opponents Result Score(us)

Score(them)

Please help!!!!

Purfleet

Is there anyway this can be done with out using the filter?

"Purfleet" wrote in message
I have a large spreadsheet (like the sample below) and i need to be able

look in the date column and if date (day and month only) is present then

look
up the Opponents

The table is as per below and the date column is unique (15 years worth of
dates) so we could have 10 games all played on the (example) 24th of

August
but for different years.

Date Opponents Result Score(us)

Score(them)