Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FS FS is offline

Default Adding A Date To Adjacent Cell

I need to know if there is a simple formula to add the current (static) date
into the adjacent cell by entering a specific # into another cell.
Example: by entering 100 into cell A1, I'd like to see the date apear in
cell B1.
Thanks, FS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need VB. Right click on sheet tab, view code. Paste this in:

If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If Target.Value = 100 Then Target.Offset(0, 1) = Date

Best Regards,

Luke M
"FS" wrote in message
I need to know if there is a simple formula to add the current (static)
date
into the adjacent cell by entering a specific # into another cell.
Example: by entering 100 into cell A1, I'd like to see the date apear in
cell B1.
Thanks, FS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are a couple of methods to create a static date pointed out on John
McGimpsey's site.

One uses circular references and worksheet function NOW()

Other uses VBA

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP