Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to copy half of the info in a cell...

I am trying to make a song book after importing data into Excel. The title
of the song and the artist are in the same cell, seperated by a double space.
Is there a formula that can copy the info after the double space? I can
replace the double space with a special character if there is a formula that
can read for it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

Hi
The first Characters:
=LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1)-1)
The Second Characters:
=MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1)+2,100)

Formula search always looks for double space, but if there is non, the
formula will return value error.
--
Please click "yes" if this post helped you!

Greatly appreciated

Eva

"BoDuke1028" wrote:

I am trying to make a song book after importing data into Excel. The title
of the song and the artist are in the same cell, seperated by a double space.
Is there a formula that can copy the info after the double space? I can
replace the double space with a special character if there is a formula that
can read for it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way is to use the Text to columns facility.

After pasting your data into column A for instance - highlight only column A
data then - data - text to columns - delimited - select space only - next -
format as text - finish

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.