Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default reference cell from advanced filter

I'm sure this is slam dunk, but I can't figure it out :)

On worksheet 1, I have executed an Advanced filter of 900 rows, to get down
to one row. No problem.

Now, on Worksheet 2, I want to reference an ID number from my filtered row.
Obviously, simply doing a regular cell reference won't work (=Sheet1!G271),
because the filtered row will NOT always be row 271. So, how the heck do I
reference the filtered cell without going back and linking to it new each
time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The below formula will return the 1st entry in Column G from the filtered
data in Sheet1.

=INDEX(Sheet1!G2:G1000,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(SUBTOTAL(3 ,
OFFSET(Sheet1!G2:G1000,ROW(Sheet1!G2:G1000)-
MIN(ROW(Sheet1!G2:G1000)),0,1))0,0),0))

--
Jacob

"Nathan" wrote:

I'm sure this is slam dunk, but I can't figure it out :)

On worksheet 1, I have executed an Advanced filter of 900 rows, to get down
to one row. No problem.

Now, on Worksheet 2, I want to reference an ID number from my filtered row.
Obviously, simply doing a regular cell reference won't work (=Sheet1!G271),
because the filtered row will NOT always be row 271. So, how the heck do I
reference the filtered cell without going back and linking to it new each
time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may transfer the output of advanced filter directly to another worksheet
using Copy to another location. Click on any cell in the destinatino
worksheets and then run advanced filters

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP