Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting Function

While working on a sales rep sheet I noticed that when you filter a table in
your chart some of your functions are not recognized even though youre still
referring to the same cells. I dont know why this happens and am hoping for
some help.

Ive provided two screenshots below. The first one shows what happens when I
sort the Grade Table from Z - A, and the second shows what happens when
sorted A - Z. The latter works perfectly, but Im just curious as to why the
other does not?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2575/filter1w.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2818/filter2.jpg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry. You're going to need to explain in what way you feel the Z-A sort
doesn't work.
The A-Z button sorts from smallest to largest. The Z-A button sorts from
largest to smallest. There is a pop-up that explains that when you hover
the mouse over the sort button.
What order did you expect from Z-A?
92%, 80%, 70%, 60%, 0% sounds like a decreasing order to me.
--
David Biddulph

"Ryan W." wrote in message
While working on a sales rep sheet I noticed that when you filter a table
in
your chart some of your functions are not recognized even though you're
still
referring to the same cells. I don't know why this happens and am hoping
for
some help.

I've provided two screenshots below. The first one shows what happens when
sort the Grade Table from Z - A, and the second shows what happens when
sorted A - Z. The latter works perfectly, but I'm just curious as to why
the
other does not?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2575/filter1w.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2818/filter2.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My bad, David. I probably should've clarified that what I was wondering is
why do the grades on the far right side of the Van Dyl Kitchen Accessories
Sales Rep Table change when the sort order is from Z - A on the Grade Table?

"Ryan W." wrote in message
While working on a sales rep sheet I noticed that when you filter a table
in
your chart some of your functions are not recognized even though you're
still
referring to the same cells. I don't know why this happens and am hoping
for
some help.

I've provided two screenshots below. The first one shows what happens when
sort the Grade Table from Z - A, and the second shows what happens when
sorted A - Z. The latter works perfectly, but I'm just curious as to why
the
other does not?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2575/filter1w.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2818/filter2.jpg

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The "Lookup" function requires the table to be organized low to high.

Hope it helps.