Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ram Ram is offline

Default Sorting with sumif function

HI,

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data and 100 rows. in one of the
columns I have a sumif formula. When I try to sort the data the cell
reference in the sumif column doesn't change however, the other column do
change.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eva Eva is offline

Check if your reference is absolute.
See help for "Switch between relative, absolute, and mixed references"

---Please click "yes" if this post helped you!---

Greatly appreciated
Eva

"ram" wrote:

HI,

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data and 100 rows. in one of the
columns I have a sumif formula. When I try to sort the data the cell
reference in the sumif column doesn't change however, the other column do
change.

Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This occurs when the formula references the current sheet inside single quotes (i.e., 'current tab'!A1). If you change the reference to be simply A1, the issue should be resolved.

On Monday, February 15, 2010 4:55 PM ram wrote:

HI,

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data and 100 rows. in one of the
columns I have a sumif formula. When I try to sort the data the cell
reference in the sumif column does not change however, the other column do