Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula for displaying only the last entry of a group of cells

How do you write the formula that will display only the latest entry in a
succession of entries? For example, if I have 12 months in 12 columns, and
the 13th column specifies "Last Update" , if I have made entries for Jan,
Feb, Mar so far, I need only the latest and last entry to appear in the 13th
column. When I enter April, then it would display in the 13th column cell and
so on.

Please help.
--
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This returns the rightmost entry in the row A2:M2

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A2:M2<""),A2:M2)
--
Mike

question.

"Steve" wrote:

How do you write the formula that will display only the latest entry in a
succession of entries? For example, if I have 12 months in 12 columns, and
the 13th column specifies "Last Update" , if I have made entries for Jan,
Feb, Mar so far, I need only the latest and last entry to appear in the 13th
column. When I enter April, then it would display in the 13th column cell and
so on.

Please help.
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming the entries are numbers: =LOOKUP(1,1/(A1:A12<0),A1:A12)
Will no 'jump' blank cells

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),A1:A12) will return the last text entry of Sheet1
column A
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme