Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default No Balance Owed Flag Help!

Trying to resolve this formula to work appropritely in cell E7:

=SUM(E2:E6),IF(E2:E6=0,"No Balance Owed")

In other words, all currency outcomes are totaled in cell E7, however, if
all outcomes in cells E2:E6 are $0.00, than I'd like cell E7 to say "No
Balance Owed".

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Danny Boy" wrote:
In other words, all currency outcomes are totaled
in cell E7, however, if all outcomes in cells E2:E6
are $0.00, than I'd like cell E7 to say "No
Balance Owed".

Try:

=if(round(sum(E2:E6),2)=0, "No Balance Owed", sum(E2:E6))

To understand the need for ROUND, at least in the first argument, try the
following experiment: =10.1-10-0.1 formatted as General. It's an anomaly of
computer arithmetic that we all need to be aware of. It would be prudent to
use ROUND even in the third argument.

Alternatively, do:

=round(sum(E2:E6),2)

with the Custom format 0.00;-0.00;"No Balance Owed".