Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to combine data from 2 separate workbooks onto 1 worksheet

I am planning a meeting for 100 attendees. Our database contains a unique ID
for each attendee as well as their name, mailing address, phone number, etc.
I have another database that I received from our Travel Department containing
the airline information (arrival date, arrival time, flight number, arrival
airport, etc).

How can I merge the 2 databases together into 1 database without having to
copy/paste each attendee's information individually. Both databases have the
unique ID for each attendee - is there a way to have Excel "find" the unique
ID and then add columns with the additional information?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, you would normally use VLOOKUP for this, or an INDEX/MATCH
combination if the unique ID is not the first column of the file. As
you did not give any indication of what columns you are using, I am
unable to suggest a specific formula for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete