Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Locking a cell reference in a formula

I have a worksheet that has formulas built within 6 columns. I want to drag
the formula in each column down 100 rows, but as I am calculating a date that
references only 1 cell (A1) when I drag the formula, it picks up A2, A3, A4
etc. as the formula progresses down the column. Is there a way to lock the
cell reference to A1 so that when I drag the formula down the column, that
cell reference doesn't change?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Add a $ sign in front of the cell reference.

Example

$A1 Locks the column but allows the rows to change
A$1 locks the row but allows the column to change
$A$1 locks both the row and the column (locks it to a specific cell.) This
is what you are asking.