Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumproduct and dynamic data

Good afternoon,

I have an Excel 2007 workbook that I am having issues with. I have set up a
dynamic graph that allows me to put in a start and finish date and it graphs
the values in that time frame. It works great right now.

What I want to do is have a cell add up the values between these changing
dates for another calculation.

So B5 (named StartDate) and B6 (named EndDate), the column with all the
dates B (named AllDates) the values I need are in the C column. For the
dynamic graph I plotted the data this way =BUILD.xlsx'!ChtBuildPlan with
chart build plan the column next to the dates.

A B C
Day Date Build
Mon 1/4/2010 0
Tue 1/5/2010 1
Wed 1/6/2010 3
Thu 1/7/2010 6
Fri 1/8/2010 7

So if I put in 1/5 in the StartDate and 1/7 in the finish date the cell G5
would equal 10.

I was looking at something like this - I thought

=SUMPRODUCT(--('BUILD.xlsx'!AllDates=StartDate),--('BUILD.xlsx'!AllDates<=EndDate),'BUILD.xlsx'!ChtB uildPlan)

Of course since I am posting this it does not work. Any help would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(--('BUILD.xlsx'!AllDates=StartDate),--('BUILD.xlsx'!AllDates<=EndDate),'BUILD.xlsx'!ChtB uildPlan)

Of course since I am posting this it does not work.

There's nothing wrong with the formula so you'll have to be more specific as
to what "does not work" means.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP