Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bill_s1416

Default Need help with sumproduct & dynamic ranges

I need help creating a sumproduct formula to sum the sales data for a
particular sales territory. The data sheet that the formula will
reference is set up such that the column headings are in row 28 and the
data begins in row 29 (I won't bore you with why) and continues on for
thousands of rows. The columns a Brand, Territory, Product, Sales1
(sales for current month), Sales 2 (sales for last month), Sales
3,....,Sales 24.

On the summary sheet where I will place this this sumproduct formula in
cell B10. I have in cells B1:B4 the values I am looking for that I can
change and the formula in cell B10 should then update:
B1 = Brand in question
B2 = Territory in question
B3 = Product in question
B4 = # of sales months to sum.

B4 is a wrinkle because the # of columns of data for the sumproduct
formula to sum is variable.

I am guessing that some combination of dynamic ranges and a sumproduct
formula maybe could accomplish this. How can I make this happen? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated.

--
bill_s1416
bill_s1416's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7499

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove

bill_s1416 wrote...
On the summary sheet where I will place this this sumproduct formula in
cell B10. I have in cells B1:B4 the values I am looking for that I can
change and the formula in cell B10 should then update:
B1 = Brand in question
B2 = Territory in question
B3 = Product in question
B4 = # of sales months to sum.

B4 is a wrinkle because the # of columns of data for the sumproduct
formula to sum is variable.

=SUMPRODUCT((Data!$A$29:$A$65536=$B$1)*(Data!$B$29 :$B$65536=$B$2)
*(Data!$C$29:$C$65536=$B$3)*Data!$D$29:INDEX(Data! $D$65536:$AA$65536,$B$4))

where Data is a placeholder for the actual name of the worksheet
containing your sales data. Reduce the 65536 instances to the actual
extent of your data in terms of rows. Smaller ranges will recalc
quicker.