Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLook-Up Possibly Conditional Formatting

I am working on a spreadsheet that has three columns. A(Equipment
Description) C (Part Number) and AA (Price Each)
What I would like to be able to do is to choose either column A as a drop
down or Column C as a drop down (be able to start entering and it jump to the
description) and after I choose an item out of A or C that it would auto
populate the the other colmun that was not choosen along with the price. The
other catch is that I do not want the price list description nor part number
within the same workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can create dropdown lists and VLOOKUP tables from other workbooks.

See Debra Dalgeish's site for help on Data Validation dropdowns and VLOOKUP.

Both from other workbooks..............which must be open BTW.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html

Scroll through the sections on DV and VLOOKUP.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP