Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count if (possibly?!)

Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Kayte, see if this will do it,

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A25="Sovereign")*(B1:B25="NW")*(C1 :C25="yes"))

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Kayte,

use:

=sumproduct(--(a1:a1000="Sovereign")*(b1:b1000="NW")*(c1:c1000=" Yes"))

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Kayte" escreveu:

Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi, thanks for your help.

I had been trying this based on other posts but for some reason it's
returning '#value!' - a value used in this formula is of the wrong data
type...

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, thanks for your help. It's returning #value! - "a value used in this
formula is of the wrong data type".

(apologies for the late reply - for some reason my earlier reply didn't
appear!)

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you have any errors in any of those ranges?

Remember to look in any hidden rows (is autofilter on?)

And if that doesn't help, post the formula you tried.

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

--

Dave Peterson