-   -   count if (possibly?!) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/112476-count-if-possibly.html)

Kayte

count if (possibly?!)

Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Paul B

count if (possibly?!)

Kayte, see if this will do it,

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A25="Sovereign")*(B1:B25="NW")*(C1 :C25="yes"))

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Marcelo

count if (possibly?!)

Hi Kayte,

use:

=sumproduct(--(a1:a1000="Sovereign")*(b1:b1000="NW")*(c1:c1000=" Yes"))

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Kayte" escreveu:

Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Kayte

count if (possibly?!)

hi, thanks for your help.

I had been trying this based on other posts but for some reason it's
returning '#value!' - a value used in this formula is of the wrong data
type...

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Don Guillett

count if (possibly?!)

look in the help index for COUNTIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Kayte

count if (possibly?!)

Hi, thanks for your help. It's returning #value! - "a value used in this
formula is of the wrong data type".

(apologies for the late reply - for some reason my earlier reply didn't
appear!)

"Kayte" wrote in message
Hi, I want to count how many people gave the answer "yes" to a given
question, but I want to summarise my data by area and by account name.

So, I want to know how many "Sovereign" customers in the "NW" said "yes".

A1:A1000 = "Sovereign"
B1:B1000 = "NW"
C1:C1000 = "yes"

Can anybody help? Thanks in anticipation...

Dave Peterson

count if (possibly?!)

Do you have any errors in any of those ranges?

Remember to look in any hidden rows (is autofilter on?)

And if that doesn't help, post the formula you tried.