Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I turn the screen off during macro execution

There a way to turn off the screen when macros are executing so you can't see
the macro running and then turn the screen on to display the results when the
macro has completed. I can't figure out how to do this in excel 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't have 2007 but I think this will work.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'your code
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"redondo" wrote in message
There a way to turn off the screen when macros are executing so you can't
see
the macro running and then turn the screen on to display the results when
the
macro has completed. I can't figure out how to do this in excel 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See Howard's reply for turning off the jumping around.

If your code is written properly there may no need for jumping around.

Get rid of "selects" and "activates" as much as possible.

Example from macro recorder.......

Range("A1:A19").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Select 'or Activate
Range("A7").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Can be written as...........

Range("A1:A19").Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A7")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP