Marc Bobrow

Default why am I getting "#N/A"?

I'm using the Excel plug in for Hyperion software, and when I grab data from
a portion of the database that's empty, I get #N/A-- I'd like it to display
as zero. Is there a setting in Excel or a toolpak that will make what is
essentially "no data" appear as zero, rather than this error? (I never had
this problem in 5 years of working with the same Hyperion software and data,
but just got upgraded to an XP machine with Excel 2003)

Thanks,

Marc

Ron Coderre

Hyperion is the company. I'm guessing you mean Essbase:

Try this from the main menu:
EssbaseOptionsGlobal
#Missing Label: Set to 0 (<-zero)

Does that help?

Ron
Marc Bobrow

Actually, it's Hyperion Enterpise. I don't see an option like this in
Enterprise, but perhaps that's because I don't have administrator rights.
I'll check with my administrator.

The problem doesn't show up on my old pc, which was Windows 2000 Pro, using
Excel 2000 (same version of Hyperion Retrieve). I was hoping there was a
setting in my new XP machine (either somewhere in XP, or in Excel 2003) that
would resolve this. There are still other users on my network running Excel
2000, so I'd like to avoid a change to the system we are all sharing. Does
this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks,

Marc