Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table 'Validation'?

Let's say I have a table, a database, as it were, in Excel. Each
record consists of a date, a person's name, and a couple of other
things. The name field is validated by a list on another sheet. But
not only do I want to restrict the names on the DB to names on the
validation list, I expect every name on that list to eventually show
up in the DB. Is there a way I can do a pivot table or something to
get information from the DB and include the master of names to also
show who isn't showing up? I know it isn't the 'show items with no
data' field option.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I tend to use VLOOKUPs for things like this.

Something like in a column:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(Name, Masterlist, 1, False)),"Y","N")

And then filter on the "N"s to see which Names are missing.

Cheers,

Matt

.